Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the 2016 UCI Track Cycling World Championships. Volunteer applications are now closed. If you have applied to volunteer please see the FAQs below for information about when you can expect to hear from us.
What are the criteria to apply to volunteer?
You can apply if you meet the following criteria
- 18 years of age or over by Monday 15th February 2016
- Available for a minimum of five shifts (early or late) between Tuesday 23 February to Monday 7 March 2016
- Have a valid and working email address
When will I hear whether my application has been successful?
On completion of the online application form you will receive a thank you message on your browser screen to confirm your application has been received. We will contact you with updates as appropriate and please do not worry if you do not hear straight away. We aim to have volunteer recruitment concluded by Monday 30 November 2015.
If you hear of someone who has received a volunteer offer before you hear whether your application has been successful, do not be alarmed. We are anticipating a very high volume of applications and therefore your patience will be greatly appreciated. You will know by Monday 30 November 2015 whether your application has been successful or not.
Will you be providing accommodation for volunteers?
No, we will not be providing or covering the costs for volunteer accommodation during the championships in London.
Will you be providing expenses for volunteers?
Volunteers will receive a £5 daily contribution towards travel expenses; this will be issued following the event.
Do I have to live in London to be a volunteer?
No, consideration will be given to applications living outside of London. However, applicants need to be mindful of the accommodation and travels costs that they will incur prior to application.
Will the 2016 volunteer team receive training?
Yes, training will be provided. Successful applicants will be expected to attend a volunteer briefing, dates and times will be confirmed to those who are successful.
My application wasn’t successful, where else can I volunteer in cycling?
We understand you will be disappointed not to be involved with this event and so would like to encourage you to seek out other volunteering opportunities within cycling and the Lee Valley area by checking out the following sites:
- You can find the British Cycling club finder web page here, which will help you locate your nearest cycling club. Cycling clubs rely on volunteers to help them deliver training and racing activity on a regular basis.
- If you are already involved in a cycling club, you might wish to consider becoming a race official – British Cycling have regular training and a formal pathway for race officials (commissaires) and more information can be found here.
- British Cycling hosts many major events throughout the year and regularly requests help from volunteers so please keep an eye on the website for future events or register here to be kept informed of other volunteering opportunities.
- There is also a volunteer page on the Lee Valley website here, which will keep you updated on all future events where volunteers will be required.
If you have any questions that are not answered by the information above please contact the organisation team at email@example.com.